Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain computerized health/injury records on supervised student-athletes. Serve as liaison between student-athletes and the team physician. This includes ensuring compliance of team physician instructions.
2. Assist in the day-to-day operations of the athletic training room. Ensure proper use of equipment and facilities by student-athletes, including adherence to athletic training room time schedules and proper operating procedures.
3. Coordinate athletic training coverage for summer camps. File time sheets for worker pay.
4. Coordinate emergency action protocols, including emergency action plans and equipment maintenance
5. Obtain required continuing education requirements to fulfill state and the NATABOC certifications.
6. Perform other duties assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine.
Bachelor's degree in related field with two (2) years of experience in a professional/collegiate Division I athletic program as a staff or graduate assistant athletic trainer; must be certified by the National Athletic Trainer Board of Certification and be able to be licensed by the State of Mississippi.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of certain fundamental concepts.
2. Ability to work long and irregular hours.
3. Ability to travel.
4. Ability to work in extreme weather temperatures.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
No unusual physical requirements. Requires occasional or light lifting; nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Frequent - Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
Job occasionally requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach cover letter, Resume and list of three (3) references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.