Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The below essential duties are representative of major duties of positions in this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
1. Perform preventive maintenance on air conditioners, heating, and refrigeration equipment.
2. Make electrical, ventilating, plumbing, air conditioning, and refrigeration repairs.
3. Erect and work from ladders, scaffolds, swing stages, boom trucks, and similar devices.
4. Construct various structures or equipment for special events.
5. Determining type of materials and supplies to be used.
6. Adapt commercially available materials to fit needs.
7. Document job time and materials used.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. 2-4 years experience in commercial, industrial, or residential building maintenance
3. Valid driver's license
4. Universal Refrigeration Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment, occupational hazards, and safety precautions of refrigeration, air conditioning, and heating units.
2. Knowledge of electrical 120/240/480 volt applications.
3. Knowledge of applicable building codes, rules, and regulations.
4. Ability to exercise tact and discretion with customers and the public.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion.
Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., with one often to the point of being objectionable.
Injuries may require professional treatment.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
This job may require working overtime and some out of town travel.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Job occasionally requires sitting, climbing or balancing, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.