Clinical Admissions Assistant
Job no: 495430
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 184000 - CVM Clinical Science Department
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Organize and schedule appointments for hospital.
2. Provide pertinent information via telephone and in person.
3. Retrieve medical records and prepare for appointment.
4. Prepare new patient records.
5. Coordinate, prepare and distribute appointment schedule.
6. Assess when possible patients status upon admission.
7. Enter via computer keyboard patient information into the database.
8. Ensure the completion of all admissions and patient data forms.
9. Disseminate paperwork to appropriate area, i.e., pharmacy, client accounts, medical records.
10. Educate and train students in proper records preparation, telephone communications skills, and database maintenance and input.
11. Maintain the hospital/clinic reminder system which includes collection and input of all patient data.
12. Assist with handling of monies for the Animal Health Center.
13. Ensure positive communications with clinicians, students, staff, and clients many times during stressful and emotional situations.
14. Work with computer analyst to make changes in system to keep operations up-to-date.
15. Assist with orientation for all student rotations and new clinicians.
16. Interact with clients and referring veterinarians to schedule timely appointments, transferring calls, and answer questions.
17. Compile and maintain appropriate medical record and completed forms.
18. Perform related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent. Three years clerical experience preferably in a medical environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to operate a computer keyboard to enter data. Knowledge of word processing and database software. -or- Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Moderate noise level. Exposure to ill animals upon admission to hospital Minimal risk of bites or scratches.
This position could be subject to working nights, weekends and holidays.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend