Job no: 495657
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 053900 - Off of Clin/Field-based Instruction
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with faculty to guide curriculum mapping in preparing teacher candidates for edTPA.
- Create a working knowledge of all edTPA handbooks keeping all stakeholders up to date about changes.
- Serve as the point of contact for all edTPA matters.
- Support faculty during integration of edTPA into program curriculum.
- Shares and reviews edTPA with faculty each semester.
- Work with the Director of OCFBI to secure field experiences for teacher candidates, communicate placements to faculty, and maintain a field experience database.
- Conduct screening process for teaching internship applicants (includes evaluation of transcripts, student files, knowledge of programs, and knowledge of BANNER and CAPPS to retrieve transcripts, grades, and other program information). Determine final eligibility for teaching internship and complete Phase III forms when interns are eligible.
- Provide eligible internship applicants with information regarding placements, dates for internship, and other important information.
- Consult with school districts (superintendents, principals, and other officials) to discuss initial placement requests, make necessary changes throughout semester, and provide information related to placement procedures.
- Schedule, plan, and organize orientation, seminars, wrap-up and evaluation meetings for all teacher interns to include updating myCourses for interns placed in distance placements. Support teacher interns in preparing edTPA assignments scheduling various sessions throughout the semester to support teacher interns in each component of edTPA submissions.
- Develops materials for teaching internship program, including compiling, printing, and
distributing Teaching Internship Handbook, teaching internship calendar, internship evaluation forms, internship reports, supervisor reports, and materials for schools districts and classroom mentor teachers.
- Assist the OCFBI Director in securing university supervisors and in maintaining an updated payment list for business managers.
- Maintain university supervisor database and copies of all resumes.
- Schedule, plan, and organize training for classroom mentor teachers and university supervisors and facilitate edTPA implementation.
- Supervise teacher interns each semester.
- Maintain the OCFBI website.
- Keep Memoranda of Understanding up to date.
- Assist the OCFBI Director in updating Continuing Education Unit (CEU) courses for classroom mentor teachers each semester and in processing CUEs through MSU Office of Continuing Education.
- Maintain teacher intern grade sheets and report grades to various department representatives.
- Uses TaskStream to enroll students, classroom mentor teachers, and university supervisors.
- Assist with creating folios for each semester/course and forms required for assignments and assessments.
- Creates and maintains all key assessment assignments and rubrics in Taskstream.
- Sets up all of the course folios, key codes, and rubrics in the system for key assessments.
- Reviews key assessment assignments with faculty and make necessary edits/updates to folios.
- Attends online webinars provided by Taskstream.
- Conducts Taskstream trainings on both Starkville and Meridian campuses.
- Set up internship folios for all program areas and use Taskstream to enroll students, classroom mentor teachers, and university supervisors. Create folios for each semester/course and forms required for assignments and assessments.
- Follow up with university supervisors and classroom mentor teachers to ensure that all items are graded in Taskstream in a timely manner.
- Perform duties as requested by the Director (e.g., work with grants, presentations, article submissions, annual reports, meetings, etc.).
- Collect information from a variety of sources to transmit to the Director and others as needed.
Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
2 years teaching experience (preferably in K-12)
Master's degree in education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Proficient in Banner, Excel, and Access.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend