Student Services Manager
Job no: 495663
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 411200 - Office of Admissions & Scholarships
Location: Meridian Campus - Meridian, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and directs various functional areas within Student Services to develop a high performing team, while ensuring these areas have collaborative relationships with their colleagues on the Starkville Campus.
- Collaborates with the Coordinator of Advisement and Transfer partnerships in developing annual operational plans to meet established enrollment goals for the Meridian Campus.
- Coordinates communication and collaboration among service units within the office to promote efficiency in work and increased enrollment funnel yield rates.
- Collaborates with the Division Heads and the Administrative Director and Head of Campus in scheduling Meridian classes to maximize use of existing facilities while ensuring class arrangements support desired learning outcomes.
- Establishes and maintains a learning resource center on the Meridian Campus through close collaboration with Division Heads in securing faculty support for academic enrichment and tutoring as well as identifying and employing student tutors.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and accreditation regulations as they pertain to student services provided on the Meridian Campus.
- Manages an office budget and expenses.
- Plans and coordinates fall and spring commencement.
- Works with the Director of Admissions and Scholarships and Administrative Director and Head of Campus in allocation of Meridian Scholarships and Endowed Funds.
- Works closely with peers on area community college campuses to promote the Partnership Pathway initiative.
- Demonstrates initiative in identifying needed areas of improvement and inefficiency and develops innovative solutions to improve student services.
- Supervises the campus switchboard and personnel in fielding calls and welcoming guests to campus as well as ensuring those guests are directed appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrative Director and Head of Campus or Director of Admissions and Scholarships.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years’ experience in a student services area.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Word applications
- Master’s degree in Student Affairs or a closely related field
- Experience leading a student affairs or enrollment management unit
- Demonstrated success in leading a team to reach desired enrollment goals
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend