Outreach & Student Services Coordinator
Job no: 495813
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 393400 - Shackouls Honors College
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Please see the Shackouls Honors College website at www.honors.msstate.edu.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary liaison for the Shackouls Honors College with external constituents, parents, students (prospective and current), counselors, alumni, and other staff on recruiting and retention efforts.
- Oversees the development of publications, web content, and social media.
- Develops materials to increase recruiting efforts of the college as well as providing visibility of student efforts and achievements.
- Advises the Honors Committee for the Recruitment of Undergraduates (HCRU) student organization.
- Advises and mentors the University Honors Council, the student governing body for the Shackouls Honors College.
- Creates and maintains an alumni database and assists in the formation and maintenance of an Honors Alumni and Friends Board.
- Conducts outreach to alumni and friends of Honors, as well as parents of Honors students, for the purpose of forming lasting, meaningful relationships with the Honors College.
- Creates new recruiting materials and maintains existing recruiting materials, working with Admissions and the Executive Enrollment Management Committee.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience (yrs.): 3-5 years plus the education listed above
Background of honors education, student affairs, and/or academic affairs. Knowledge of basic recruitment practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent communication skills and personal computer proficiency required.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Requires frequent travel for recruitment activities.
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly
all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions
influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond
a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to
position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or
stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by completing the professional application and attaching a resume, cover letter, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend