Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Guides faculty and staff in the development and preparation of research proposals to include budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
2. Analyzes and evaluates contract and grant budgets for correct calculation of expenditure categories such as salaries, percent of effort, salary adjustment increases, fringe benefits, indirect costs, materials, and equipment.
3. Analyzes and evaluates awarded proposals, contracts, and subcontracts for compliance with funding agency, federal, state, and university requirements; prepares required acceptance documentation, and obtains official university signatures; recommends approval or rejection of deviations from contract specifications.
4. Assists in the formulation of processes and procedures for pre-awards and post-awards to meet university requirements; researches appropriate federal, state, and local requirements to facilitate compliance by all parties.
5. Coordinates receipt of awards and contract documentation; maintains proposal and funding records in database systems, and prepares scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses.
6. Participates and/or assists in special projects, and performs associated administrative duties, as assigned; may provide functional direction to lower level technicians on assigned work.
7. Will key direct pays, journal vouchers, and procard. Will serve as the back up for the Business Manager.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree and one year experience
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
1. No unusual physical requirements.
2. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
3. Frequent - Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; irregular hours may be anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position.
4. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands
5. Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds
6. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
7. Hearing requirements: Heavy telephone contact requires ability to hear and respond to telephone conversations
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.