Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains equipment for SEC Network and video board productions, setting up and monitoring between facilities.
2. Installs and tests video, audio and fiber at assigned facilities, analyzing technical faults on equipment and systems.
3. Responsible for monitoring constant changes in broadcast quality television systems and staying abreast of the newest technologies. Provides assistance as the department invests in new systems, techniques and equipment.
4. Helps minimize loss of service due to equipment failures.
5. Sets up and operate audio systems for broadcast and game day activities.
6. Maintains all live production television and audio equipment, keeping accurate inventory.
7. Complies with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southeastern Conference (SEC) regulations in the performance of job duties.
8. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcast Journalism, Engineering or related field.
Substitution allowed for Education: Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience approved by Human Resources Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work long and irregular hours.
• Excellent organizational, management, communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of NCAA and SEC regulations.
• Attention to detail.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. with one to the point of being objectionable. Injuries may require professional treatment.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping/kneeling/ crouching/ crawling. Talking. Hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Job occasionally requires climbing or balancing, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Attach cover letter, Resume and list of three (3) references with phone numbers and email addresses.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.