Athletic Certification and Commencement Coordinator
Job no: 495886
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 410800 - Registrars Office
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and tracks of student-athlete eligibility for competition in intercollegiate sports assuring compliance with NCAA Division I, SEC and University rules and regulations.
- Analyzes each continuing student-athlete's academic record (including prior college records if applicable) to determine current season eligibility status.
- Evaluates each student athlete's academic record to determine if they are meeting the NCAA's continuous progress toward degree and enrollment requirements.
- Represents the Office of the Registrar in meetings directly or indirectly related to procedures, rules and regulations concerning athletic eligibility.
- Participates in conferences, seminars and meetings (as needed) on a local, regional and statewide basis to maintain and develop professional-level knowledge of NCAA and SEC eligibility requirements, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates, plans for and organizes the University commencement ceremonies.
- Works closely with the Business Manager on developing and managing the commencement budget.
- Assigns commencement duties for the Office of the Registrar staff as well as volunteers.
- Develops and delivers all commencement related communication to students, campus officials and guests.
High School diploma or equivalent
Four years experience in student records, athletic eligibility processes or related area with required education.
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate computer keyboard; knowledge of various computer software
- Requires acute attention to detail and the ability to interpret and act on complex University and NCAA policies
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of NCAA and SEC rules and regulations as well as continuing eligibility of student athletes
- Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks.
- Independent self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Strong customer service skills
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Frequent-External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
- Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume, and the complete contact information for at least three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend