Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
The Budget Office prepares the Operating Budget Analysis and the printed Operating Budget. We assist the campus in developing and maintaining their budget throughout the fiscal year by answering questions, processing budget transfers, administering the lapsed salary process and performing non-sufficient fund checking. We also process Employment Action Forms, assign position numbers, and process the semimonthly payroll.
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Reviews budget transfers and post to the Human Resources system.
2. Analyzes and reconciles Human Resources to Finance discrepancies by position.
3. Reviews paperwork for necessary funding related to insufficient funds. Instructs departments and/or units on procedures that are in compliance with university policy and procedures.
4. Reviews and verifies all On-Campus employment related paperwork for appropriate funding.
5. Monitors compliance with Lapsed Salary procedures.
6. Reviews positions with balances and reconciles monthly.
7. Provides assistance to the Senior Budget Assistant positions.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or in a related field.
2. Two years of related experience to the duties and responsibilities specified.
3. Experience using personal computer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Banner
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; may involve conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
Job frequently requires sitting, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
apply online and submit requested documents
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.