Job no: 495928
Position type: Full-Time 9-Month
Department: 060100 - Aerospace Engineering
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
The ASE department offers an enriching undergraduate program leading to a Bachelor of Science degree, as well as challenging and exciting graduate programs leading to the Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. Aerospace engineers are primarily focused on the design, fabrication, testing, and analysis of aircraft and spacecraft. A large fraction of the faculty have been recognized for excellence in teaching, which leads to very rewarding in-class experiences. In addition, our students benefit from experiential learning opportunities afforded through participation in ASE’s highly successful multidisciplinary student design teams, co-operative education program, summer industry internships, and challenging undergraduate research programs.
Area of Specialization:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2018
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are illustrations of the various types of duties assigned to this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those duties from the position if the work is a logical assignment of the position.
1. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Aerospace Engineering.
2. Supervise research of graduate students.
3. Write and submit proposals to prospective sponsors.
4. Engage in scholarly activities resulting in journal and conference papers.
5. Participate in cross-functional research initiatives that require coordination and collaboration among research groups, departments and research centers.
6. Establish and maintain knowledge of current sources for research support.
7. Stay informed of topic areas for which support is available
8. Serve as an active member of the technical community and participate in the activities of professional and/or technical societies.
9. Maintain contact and rapport with funding agencies and secure funding for proposed research consistent with the goals and objectives of the department.
Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering or closely related field is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Preferred qualifications include teaching experience, a substantial record or peer-reviewed publications, and demonstrated ability to secure external funding.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested parties must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, complete curriculum vitae that includes a list of references, and a research and teaching statement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend