Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as housing liaison
a. Check in/out all players on moving day
b. Training Camp/Football Camp and recruiting reservations
c. Keep up to date housing information (on/off campus0
d. Develop relationship with dorm staff
2. Serves as Parents Club Liaison
e. Sen monthly updates to parents pertaining to player schedule
f. In-season send weekly updates about game and time and events
3. Develop relations with all high school camps and coached clinics
4. Assist with all high school camps and coached clinics
5. Assist in identifying prospects through all sources available
(coaches, services, and Internet)
6. Prioritize and review transcripts of perspective student athletes
g. Call high school counselors for 5th, 6th and 7th semester transcripts
h. Review 5th and 6th semester transcripts to determine academic risk perspective student athletes
7. Liaison to all signee’s
i. Monitor final semester of high school academics
j. Work with high school counselors on final transcripts
k. Work with signee and family on transition to college
(Final transcripts, graduation, class schedules with academic counselors, dorms, living arrangements, campus meals, ID’s and scholarship checks)
8. Liaison to Life Skill Coordinator
l. Identify programs for student needs (monetary, leadership, sexual assault, etc.)
m. Meet with juniors and seniors for transition to life after football
(Resumes and job offers (NFL or other)
n. Coordinate community service events
9. Assist with law enforcement and with all players legal issues with Director of Player Development
10. Assist with all junior recruiting days and campus visits
11. Entertain recruits and guest at practice
12. Performs related duties as assigned by Head Coach or Assistant Athletic Director
Bachelor's degree in related field; three (3) to five (5) years of coaching experience. Salary commensurate with experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• General knowledge of University, SEC and NCAA policies and regulations.
• Ability to communicate with various constituents; students, coaches, and administrators.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal and interactive skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
• Proficiency in the use of computer/social media, and communications support of the MSU Football Office.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to work evenings and weekend hours.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Ability to work long hours standing on feet.
• Frequent - Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job occasionally requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Job occasionally requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and
lifting up to 50 pounds
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Attach Resume, cover letter and list of three (3) references with phone numbers and email addresses.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.