Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all local and wide area networks are running smoothly, efficiently, and effectively.
• Work closely with the IA Specialist to ensure network security measures—including firewall and intrusion detection systems—are implemented with maximum effectiveness without degrading the network performance.
• Ensure all port, routing, switching, and packet transfer operations are orchestrated to optimize information flow through and across the network.
• Collaborate with members of the center’s Information Technology group to ensure all network attached storage and storage arrays are configured and perform optimally.
• Responsible for ensuring replication and operations recovery between primary and secondary sites is optimally configured and routinely tested.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or related discipline
• One year of networking and computer security experience
• Understanding of firewall settings and intrusion protection devices
• Extensive knowledge of ports, protocols, VLANs, VPNs, subnetting, name resolution, CLI tools (e.g., arp, ipconfig, netstat, nbtstat, ping, tracert, etc)
• Experience with the following technologies: Switch and router configuration; RPM, Secure Remote Access, SNMP, SVN/CVS, Active Directory and LDAP authentication
• Experience with networked replication and failover including virtual system replication
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze data, solve problems, and prioritize and organize work to achieve stated goals
• Working knowledge of Linux and/or Unix
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline and at least 3 years of experience with network management in a multi-platform IT environment
• Experience managing VMware environments (VSphere 6, Horizon View)
• Experience with Enterprise level SAN architectures
• One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, Network+, A+, CCNA, VCP, or equivalent certification(s)
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Regularly involves lifting, bending or physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., with one often to the point of being objectionable. Injuries may require professional treatment.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Job occasionally requires climbing or balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants should complete online application and upload a cover letter and current resume. Applicants should also submit two letters of recommendation (mailed by authors separately to nSPARC) and an official transcript for terminal degree and terminal diploma (provide English translation if necessary).
Address all supporting materials and reference letters to:
Chair, Network Analyst Selection Committee
National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center
P.O. Box 6027
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Please email all queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.