Senior Library Associate
Job no: 495988
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 320100 - General Library
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs library responsibilities with knowledge of both library terminology and procedures and functional area policies and procedures, identifies problems, and suggests solutions, which may affect policy.
2. Uses knowledge of subject matter sufficient to identify, understand and respond to requests in functional areas throughout the library.
3. Utilizes technology to accomplish goals and objectives; analyzes data in order to compile, prepare and distribute necessary information.
4. Participates in library committees as a representative of a functional area.
5. Provides administrative and professional assistance to clients, customers, and co-workers in accordance with professional standards and principles.
6. Retains knowledge of policies and procedures of other libraries and national standards and applies, upon appropriate approval, current trends and developments in library science.
7. Coordinates and supervises special projects.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
Full supervisory responsibility for other employees is a major responsibility and includes training, evaluating, and making or recommending pay, promotion or other employment decisions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience (yrs.): 2 years of related experience
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend