Job no: 495996
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 193100 - Inst for Imaging & Analyt
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
The Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems (CAVS) at Mississippi State University is an interdisciplinary center comprised of research, engineering design & development, and technology transfer teams for industry and government partners. Our overall effort is focused on developing superior computational, engineering, manufacturing, design, and information technologies relevant to Mississippi and regional industries. This is accomplished by bringing to bear world-class technologist and technologies to solve complex problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintaining restricted, designated and separately appropriated funds including subcontract modifications and expenditure reports; Communicate with faculty and staff concerning business and administrative matters and advise them of proper procedures; Prepare financial documents for submission to sponsors; Reconcile and balance funds monthly and annually with the MSU Comptroller's Office; Prepare adjusting and closing journal entries, and financial reports; Prepare internal and external financial reports as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
Experience with MSU Banner, Excel and Access; Experience with contract and grant accounting; Knowledge of OMB Circulars A-21 and A10; Experience and MSU's hiring and procurement processes; Budget module experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard and/or fund accounting principles, methods, and applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting information, policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by the customer.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
- Account balancing and reconciling skills.
- Ability to set up and maintain financial accounts and ledgers.
- Spreadsheet software skills to quantify and illustrate routine financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and majority of work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Externally imposed deadlines, set or revised on short notice, frequent shifts in priority, numerous interruptions requiring immediate attention, unusual pressure on a daily basis due to accountability for success for major projects or areas of operation.
- Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, and hearing.
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Complete professional application and attach a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend