Contracts & Grants Assistant
Job no: 496003
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 015900 - Coastal Research & Extension Center
Location: Biloxi, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Coastal Research and Extension Center (CREC) serves as Mississippi State University's "southern exposure" linking residents of the coastal region to the university. This position is based in Biloxi, MS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the MSU site administrator in the daily and weekly maintenance of the USDA Report system. Maintain and coordinate a database for proper reporting and for assigning State, McIntire-Stennis, Hatch and Multi-State Hatch CRIS numbers for new and/or revised projects. Ensure proper reporting of all CRIS report to appropriate entities on and off campus.
2. Receives, reviews, and processes all General Memorandum of Agreements (GMOA) for MAFES ensuring any related forms and/or checks received are deposited and all paperwork completed.
3. Maintain an efficient electronic filing system and/or database of receiving, logging, and distributing proposals and serve as a coordinator for proposal submissions and the status of funded/rejected proposals, etc.
4. Assist Contract and Grant Specialists with the compilation of proposal submissions by assisting with the compilation of proposal submission documents as needed. (i.e. budgets, formatting, packaging, electronic submissions, proper authorizing signatures secured, etc).
5. Coordinate the provision of required documents and documentation to Contracts and Grants Specialists, principle investigators and business managers which includes forms and other required materials.
6. Assists Contracts and Grants Specialists with Internal Grant and Contracts training sessions for Faculty, Researchers and Departmental Staff.
7. Assists with gathering data for research budget preparation and maintains specialized reports and systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information; creates and distributes standard and special reports, studies, summaries, and analyses, as required.
8. Assist and coordinate with the website facilitator any changes, specialized forms or other information to be uploaded to the MAFES/FWRC Grants and Contracts office website and coordinates changes and updates as requested.
9. Maintains and related paper files and records in support of research data.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience (yrs.): Three years Related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
2. Experience in research and fund accounting.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
* No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend