Sr. Budget Assistant
Job no: 496131
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 450200 - Office of the Controller/Treasurer
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned to positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Process and check employment action forms, job labor redistribution forms, lapsed salary
and budget transfers accurately.
2. Run payroll edits, researches and corrects any errors.
3. Balances payroll vouchers for semi-monthly payroll.
4. Double checks and backs up other Senior Budget Assistant.
5. Serves as a resource to University departments with regard to budget policies,
procedures, and processes.
6. Provides assistance to University departments with the Budget Module.
7. Train and assist other Senior Budget Assistants.
8. Copies and appropriately distributes employment action forms and job labor redistribution
forms to the payroll, human resources, and budget areas.
9. Assign new position numbers as needed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Three years experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or a related area.
3. Ability to operate a computer keyboard to enter data.
1. Completion of business school or college level courses in accounting.
2. Accounting or budget experience within the University system.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend