Job no: 496216
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 010208 - Dairy Plant
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs various test and procedures to manufacture Edam, Cheddar and other cheese products.
2. Assist in preparing hoop for cheese; fill hoop, dress cheese, and remove cheese from hoops.
3. Wax, wrap, bag and box cheese.
4. Place cheese in storage for aging.
5. Prepare starter for culture for cheese.
6. Maintain detailed and accurate records.
7. Transport raw milk from dairy to dairy processing plant.
8. Responsible for the quality and aspects of production of the cheese.
9. Provides guidance to all employees involved in the cheese making process.
10. Assist with mailing of cheese orders.
11. Assist with the manufacturing of other dairy products.
Education: High school
Experience (yrs.): None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Valid Driver's License and ability to obtain Commercial Driver’s license within 6 months of employment.
2. Once CDL is obtained, must complete drug tests which indicate an absence of illegal controlled substance use.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
1. Ability to wear steel toed boots for ten (10) hours a day.
2. Frequently lift 100 pounds.
3. Ability to stoop and bend for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to lift and stack cheese in stacks up to twelve (12) feet high
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend