Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
13/ Minimum 33,900
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collects and maintains data for the migrant service center using MIS2000, MSIX and/or MSIS.
2. Develops reports for the MMESC staff, Mississippi Department of Education and Office of Migrant Education as requested, in addition to state and federally mandated reports.
3. Submits monthly written and/or electronic reports to the Mississippi Department of Education relative to the Mississippi Migrant population (migrant student counts, increase/decrease in numbers, etc.)
4. Participates on the quality control team for the service center/state of Mississippi, serving as the data expert, to ensure that the migrant information is up to date and accurate.
5. Researches and records migrant employment/work trends, school attendance data, and other data relative to the migrant population of the state; data is recorded for counties , municipalities, school districts and the state as a whole.
6. Provides data and statistics which aids recruiters/advocates in effectively identifying migrant children and their families.
7. Work closely with high school guidance counselors, school data personnel, principals or district designees to ensure that school data and regional service center data is accurate for migrant students in the state of Mississippi.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
2 years' related experience
1. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
2. Ability to work with a diverse group of constituents.
3. Ability to work effectively with the migrant community, school personnel, state and federal agencies, and community agencies.
4. Very detail oriented.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cool, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
2. Work hours are unpredictable and may include nights and weekends; frequent interruptions based on changing priorities; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
3. Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing handling objects with hands. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
4. Vision requirements: ability to see information in print and/or electronically
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.