Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
14/ Minimum 40,400
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the athletic training needs for a sport as assigned. This includes direct team and sport coverage.
2. Assist in the day-to-day operations of the athletic training room. Ensure proper use of equipment and facilities by student-athletes, including adherence to athletic training room time schedules and proper operating procedures.
3. Assist the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine and Performance with the prevention and care of student-athlete injuries and illnesses.
a. Maintain computerized health/injury records on supervised student-athletes.
b. Serve as liaison between student-athletes and the team physician. This includes ensuring compliance of team physician instructions.
4. Obtain required continuing education requirements to fulfill state and the BOC certifications.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties of positions in this position.
Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
Bachelor's degree of Science in related field; two (2) years of Professional/Collegiate Division I athletic program as a staff or graduate assistant athletic trainer. Must be certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Board of Certification and be able to be licensed by the State of Mississippi.
Experience beyond the minimum
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of certain fundamental concepts.
2. Ability to work long and irregular hours.
3. Ability to travel.
4. Ability to work in extreme weather temperatures.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Requires handling of heavy weight objects up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis and on occasion up to 150 lbs.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach Resume, cover letter and list of three (3) references with phone numbers and email addresses.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.