Job no: 496269
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 058800 - Dean of Education
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
- Work with the Associate Dean on the publication of the annual newsletter and the electronic newsletters.
- Assist with maintaining regular communication with alumni through mediums such as newsletters, social media and events.
- Increase the visibility of the College of Education among other universities through announcements of faculty honors, research funding, appointments, etc.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to engage alumni in giving opportunities and stewardship.
- Write a of variety promotional items such as press releases, media alerts, articles, occasional features, and brochure copy in order to market and further the development relationships with the college and promote the college's programs.
- Develop and maintain the College of Education’s website, as well as the departmental and center websites within the college.
- Electronic imaging, editing and design of presentation graphics and publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Communications, or related field
Three years experience in writing and developing promotional materials and related information.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of AP style and news writing styles.
- Experience with digital photography.
- Design skills and experience with producing print materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with university officials, and faculty.
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work with multiple projects/assignments concurrently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A good understanding of the production and printing process
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Ability to lift 50-100lbs
- Position requires some travel
- Limited exposure to physical risk
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend