Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
15/ Minimum 47,200
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitor revenue and expenses for Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development, Laboratory Animal Veterinarian, Office of Research Compliance, Research Security Office, Office of Sponsored Projects, and Office of Technology Management; ensures expenditures control and compliance with funding and reporting requirements, university policy, and standard accounting procedures
2. Review all paperwork submitted to the Vice President for Research and Economic Development to ensure compliance to University policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations.
3. Reviews and approves expenditures, personnel and purchasing documents for availability of funding, mathematical correctness and compliance with university policy and state and federal funding requirements.
4. Assists Director, Research Fiscal Affairs and Business Manager with budget development and special financial reports.
5. Instructs departmental staff and subunit staff in unrestricted and restricted funding requirements and methods when needed.
6. Coordinate the preparation of regularly scheduled and special billings, costs reports, and analyses. This activity includes billing for reimbursement for various expenses handled by Regulatory Compliance (e.g. hazardous waste containers, radiation monitoring strips, etc.)
7. Serves as financial Liaison between the university and the Research Technology Corporation, s needed.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 3 years experience.
Knowledge of University policies and procedures. Working knowledge of Banner and Uniform
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
1. No unusual physical requirements.
2. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
3. Frequent - Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; irregular hours may be anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position.
4. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
5. Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds
6. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
7. Hearing requirements: Heavy telephone contact requires ability to hear and respond to telephone conversations.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.