Job no: 496282
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 411200 - Office of Admissions & Scholarships
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Area of Specialization:
Recruiting for the College of Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To increase new undergraduate student enrollment for the College of Engineering.
- Oversee and implement a communication for prospective students and their parents.
- Oversee and implement recruiting events on and off campus.
- Directs, coordinates, and organizes undergraduate recruitment strategies and programs for the Bagley College of Engineering (BCoE).
- Facilitates, conducts and supervises campus visits for BCoE.
- Works closely with high school guidance counselors and community college counselors with the recruitment of prospective students.
- Works closely with the Admissions Counselors and Assistant Directors in the Office of Student Recruitment with organizing school visits and recruiting top students.
- Participates in recruiting at high schools, community colleges, and college fairs, to recruit students and provide information to prospective students and their parents, and promote the college.
- Other duties as assigned.
0-2 years’ experience in recruiting, admissions or higher education
Additional experience beyond the minimum in recruiting and enrollment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with students, parents, university administrators, and faculty.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple and varied constituencies.
- Proficiency in word processing or database management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply at: http://www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend