Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
The department of Health Promotion and Wellness engages students through initiatives to promote complete mental, physical, and social well-being.
Through initiatives of Health Promotion and Wellness, students are empowered to achieve optimal lifelong well-being.
Area of Specialization:
Health Promotion & Wellness
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide programming leadership to the MSU on the Move Period 4 grant goals and objectives.
2. Implement health education and wellness programming associated with the MSU on the Move Period 4 grant.
3. Follow MSU policy as related to grant procurement.
4. Manage grant documentation for programming including attending training or other meetings related to grant activities.
5. Collaborate with MSU community and the Starkville community on grant implementation and program initiatives.
6. Collaborate with other departments in the division and university.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in health, education, or related field.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
Experience working with grant funded projects.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience working in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills, including experience in supervision
- Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Requires considerable physical activity and effort of lifting of materials and programming information.
Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position contingent upon funding availability
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.