Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
The department of Health Promotion and Wellness engages students through initiatives to promote complete mental, physical, and social well-being.
Through initiatives of Health Promotion and Wellness, students are empowered to achieve optimal lifelong well-being.
Area of Specialization:
Health Promotion & Wellness
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as a liaison for the Mississippi Coalition of Partners in Prevention (MCPP)
2. Contacts all coalition colleges via email on a bi-monthly basis
3. Plan and implement MCPP quarterly conference calls
4. Provide updated best practice resources to all MCPP colleges on alcohol and other drug
5. Support planning, implementation, and evaluation of trainings associated with the
6. Record budget expenses on the MDMH CEP project
7. Creates schedule and fosters programs and presentations for alcohol/drug awareness,
which offer education, cognitive-behavioral skills, norms clarification, and motivational
8. Support the alcohol/drug programs, mental health programs, and activities provided by
the department's graduate assistants and health service volunteers
9. Provides trainings and presentations to staff and student groups
10. Assists with MDMH CEP grant to provide unique funding to assigned programs
11. Participates in staff meetings and specific periodic general health education
programming that is provided by the director for all staff members
12. Collaborate with other departments in the division and university
13. Participate in required Divisional activities and programs
14. Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in health, counseling, education, or related field.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Master's Degree in Health, Counselor Education, Counseling, Student Affairs, or a related field.
Experience working in higher education.
Experience writing grant proposals and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills, including experience in supervision
- Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Requires considerable physical activity and effort of lifting of materials and programming information.
Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position contingent upon funding availability
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.