Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Mississippi State University. Please visit the department website at www.cse.msstate.edu.
Area of Specialization:
Computer Science and Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides vision and leadership for nationally recognized computing education and research programs.
2. Provides leadership and mentoring to all faculty, staff, and students.
3. Responsible for overall administration of faculty and support staff activities.
4. Responsible for recruitment of a diverse community of students, faculty, and support staff.
5. Maintains and participates actively in ongoing departmental research program and seeks new areas of research funding.
6. Conducts research leading to scholarly publications.
7. Participates in fundraising activities, including solicitation of gifts for scholarships, professorships, chairs, etc.
8. Works with the Dean of the Bagley College of Engineering and university administration in establishing goals and objectives for the college, department, and in meeting the university missions of teaching, research, and service.
9. Serves as a liaison with faculty, administrators, alumni, students, and community.
10. Academic responsibilities include planning, reviewing, and updating the curriculum, academic programs, and course content.
11. Personnel responsibilities include promotion and tenure, performance evaluation, and workload management.
12. Fiscal responsibilities include preparing and overseeing departmental budget and other budgets for research funding.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, or a closely related field. The successful candidate must have earned national recognition by a distinguished record of accomplishments in computer-science education and research. Demonstrated administrative experience is desired, as is teaching experience at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The successful candidate must qualify for the rank of professor with tenure.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The successful Head will provide:
1. Vision and leadership for nationally recognized computing education and research programs
2. Exceptional academic and administrative skills
3. A strong commitment to faculty recruitment and development
4. A strong commitment to promoting diversity
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by submitting a cover letter outlining your experience and vision for this position, a curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references.
Screening of applicants will begin November 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries and nominations should be directed to Dr. Nick Younan, Department Head of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Search Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-325-3912).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.