MSU (www.msstate.edu), a Carnegie Foundation Very High Research University, is a comprehensive public institution with more than 20,000 graduate and undergraduate students and approximately 1,300 full-time faculty members, located in Starkville, Mississippi (visit.starkville.org). The Bagley College of Engineering has an approximate enrollment of 3,800 undergraduate and 670 graduate students. It ranks in the top 75 nationally in research expenditures ($40.7MM). With over 100 tenure-track/tenured faculty members, the Bagley College of Engineering (www.bagley.msstate.edu) offers degree programs in eight academic departments (aerospace, agricultural and biological, chemical, civil and environmental, computer science, electrical and computer, industrial and systems, and mechanical).
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2018
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have the desire and ability to teach courses at both the undergraduate level and graduate level related to the candidate's areas of research interest.
- Supervise research of graduate students.
- Pursue research support including a submission of proposals and contracts with funding agencies.
- The candidate is expected to have a strong collaboration with departmental faculty, perform multidisciplinary research, and develop a funded research program.
- Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in archival journals refereed by his/her peers.
- Serve as an active member of the technical community and participate in professional and technical society activities.
- Provide leadership and service for the Department, College and University.
- Pursue scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of his/her field.
An earned doctorate in an appropriate engineering or computer science discipline is required. Appointment will be made in the appropriate academic department.
Applicants should have teaching and research interests that can address one or preferably more of the six areas of interest listed above. It is expected that successfully candidates will have the desire and ability to teach courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Preferred qualifications include teaching experience, a substantial record of peer-review publications, and demonstrated ability to secure external funding. However, recent graduate with exceptional academic credentials are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to individuals with a track record of interdisciplinary research collaboration.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested candidates must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contact information for at least three professional references, and a statement (limited to three pages) that describes research and educational interests.
Screening of applications will begin November 27, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.