Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
14/ Minimum 40,400
The Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems (CAVS) at Mississippi State University is an interdisciplinary center comprised of research, engineering design & development, and technology transfer teams for industry and government partners.
Our overall effort is focused on developing superior computational, engineering, manufacturing, design, and information technologies relevant to Mississippi and regional industries. This is accomplished by bringing to bear world-class technologist and technologies to solve complex problems.
The research output provides sustainable regional competitive advantages. To be successful, CAVS maintains a portfolio of short-term and long-term projects to create a succession of increasingly more vital outputs, ranging from students with enhanced project management skills to commercialization of the intellectual products.
The Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems at the HPC2 now serves as the focus for the Bagley College of Engineering’s high performance computing activities that has been a longtime strength of the college. CAVS also is the home of the college’s Computational Engineering graduate degree program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Marketing and communications strategy
Work to implement, update, and maintain the CAVS Marketing and Communication plan. Execute currently planned marketing and communication initiatives as well as create new initiatives for the purpose of furthering the Center’s goals. Measure progress toward these goals, including providing regular updates on performance metrics.
Maintain, expand, refresh, and keep current the CAVS website. Supervise the creation of new content, including professional graphics and images. Monitor and report on web traffic metrics. Work to improve web presence through search engine optimization.
3. Social media
Maintain CAVS social media accounts, including LinkedIn and Facebook. Create and schedule content, manage approval of content through appropriate technical leaders, and post content. Grow the reach of CAVS social media platforms.
Give tours of CAVS to visitors. Be able to describe multiple research areas.
Manage strategic advertising investments, given a fixed advertising budget. Prioritize based on objectives.
6. Special events
Manage and coordinate special events at the discretion of the Associate Director.
Develop print and digital publications that are attractive and written clearly and concisely. Provide back-up graphic design support, from concept to delivery, for publication materials and marketing pieces. Maintain digital mailing list, create and distribute regular newsletters or other scheduled correspondence.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, including marketing, PR, communications and three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Substitution allowed for Education:
Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
Substitution allowed for Experience:
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts related to automotive research projects
• Experience collecting and interpreting marketing and communication performance metrics
• Demonstrated competence with desktop publishing software, including Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator.
• Familiarity with all Microsoft Office applications.
• Familiarity with Web-based communication usage and styles.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and to meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Job may require working evenings, weekends and holidays. Must be available for in-state and out-of state travel as needed.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.