Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop an understanding of the educational, research, operational and financial needs and goals of the College of Business and effectively apply fundraising principles.
2. Perform needs analysis with the executive director of development, director of development, dean and department heads for the College of Business on a continual basis to establish development objectives.
3. Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors/prospects in coordination with faculty, staff and volunteers through the proper clearance process.
4. Assist in coordinating the participation of the college's faculty, administration, advisory board members, volunteers and other members of the development staff in achieving development goals.
5. Maintain an approved list of promising major gift prospects.
6. Assist in planning, coordinating and directing special events for donors and prospects.
7. Other duties as assigned by the executive director of development for the Mississippi State University Foundation, director of development and dean for the College of Business.
8. Participate in Mississippi State University Foundation meetings and activities as necessary.
9. Attend MSU Foundation meetings and other staff meetings as necessary.
10. Provide weekly contact reports to the executive director of development for the MSU Foundation.
11. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Relations or related field
No substitutions allowed.
Two or more years' direct experience in fundraising or advancement in a higher education setting, preferably in Educational fundraising
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with university officials, faculty, prominent alumni and friends of Business, i.e., multiple and varied constituencies.
Basic computer skills.
Ability to meet travel requirements of position
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
•No or very limited physical effort required.
•No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
•Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.