Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
18/ Minimum 79,900
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise, plan, direct, and coordinate both technical and managerial aspects of the center’s IT operations and collaborate with colleagues in different center departments.
• Sets priorities and activities of the center’s IT department in under the guidance of and in coordination with the Assistant Director for IT.
• Works closely with Manager of Security and Compliance to ensure systems are compliant with applicable state and federal standards.
• Serve as a technical expert on virtualization technology, server integration, and storage architectures.
• Perform complex maintenance and administration tasks for existing servers, storage devices, and terminal (desktop) equipment—including both thick and thin clients and other end-items such as media drives and printers.
• Work closely with other NSPARC IT staff to ensure system backup and replication is configured, maintained, and evaluated routinely.
• Work closely with other NSPARC IT personnel to ensure servers (both virtual (VMWare) and traditional servers) are modified as necessary, configured properly, and function effectively and efficiently.• Perform systems analysis, quality assurance testing, and makes informed recommendations for improved functionality.
• Ensures adequate customer/user understanding of system changes and enhancements.
• Facilitates coordination between the Infrastructure Services section and internal/external clients.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and 10 years of multi-platform systems infrastructure maintenance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 years direct supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated expertise with both Windows and Linux server creation, modification, and maintenance.
• Demonstrated expertise creating and maintaining virtual servers and virtual desktops. Particular expertise in VMWare components.
• Significant experience configuring servers for disaster recovery, failover, and Continuity of Operations including virtual system replication.
• Significant experience in managing multiple data centers.
• Substantial experience maintaining enterprise-level storage area network equipment.
• Substantial Experience with industry standard networked backup solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze data, solve problems, and prioritize and organize work to achieve stated goals.
• Demonstrated knowledge of ports, protocols, VLANs, subnetting, name resolution, CLI tools (e.g., arp, ipconfig, netstat, nbtstat, ping, tracert, etc).
• At least 5 years of experience managing networks and network security devices.
• Demonstrated experience managing interdisciplinary teams.
• More than 5 years direct supervisory experience.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline and at least 5 years of experience managing the infrastructure of a multi-platform IT networked environment.
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing network architectures.
• Experience managing VMWare environments.
• Experience working with IT components of multiple state agencies including state department of IT services.
• At least 2 of the following certifications: CISSP, Security+, Network+, A+, CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner, CCNA, VCP, or equivalent.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Regularly involves lifting, bending or physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., with one often to the point of being objectionable. Injuries may require professional treatment.
• Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job occasionally requires travel and work to be performed outside of regular office hours.
• Job frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants should complete an online application and upload a cover letter and current resume. Applicants should also submit two letters of recommendation and an official transcript for highest degree (provide English translation if necessary).
Address all supporting materials and reference letters to:
Chair, Manager of Infrastructure Services Selection Committee
National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center
P.O. Box 6027
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Please email all queries to: email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.