Senior Systems Analyst & Team Leader
Job no: 496539
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 460100 - Enterprise Information Systems
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates resources, schedules, and communication for software development projects and maintenance of university information systems.
- Works closely with senior EIS management, other ITS units, and university administrative units to provide effective software solutions.
- Develops and maintains technical project plans including scope, deliverables, milestones, and resource utilization.
- Submits status reports on assigned projects on regular, prescribed intervals as indicated by management.
- Performs software configuration, implementation, integration, and maintenance for university information systems including both vendor systems and university-developed systems.
- Manages and executes software deployment activities in multi-platform, multi-vendor, and multi-tool enterprise software environment.
- Develops and adheres to quality assurance practices for university information systems management.
- Performs systems analysis/programming, data management, data modeling, and business process analysis at the highest technical level.
- Conducts technical training for information systems personnel and/or client staff.
- Monitors performance, usage, and operations effectiveness of systems.
- Supervises personnel, monitors employee performance, and conducts performance reviews.
- Assists, guides, and trains subordinate personnel in their assigned functions.
- Participates in the process of filling vacancies.
- Maintains quality documentation to manage program and system development, revisions, and operation.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with clients, software vendors, and other ITS staff.
- Demonstrates good work ethics.
- Maintains highest level of technical competency in all aspects of university information systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree plus 8 years' experience developing and implementing information systems with progressive responsibility
At least 2 years' experience supporting the Ellucian Banner ERP systems.
Experience with the following: Linux, GIT, Oracle, CAS, C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, JMS, HTTP, Banner Popsels.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated competence in all phases of system analysis techniques, concepts, and methods.
- Strong programming and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to assume responsibility for supporting multiple systems.
- Experience developing systems in a Unix or Linux/Oracle environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills, ability to plan and organize, personal initiative, demonstrated ability to perform with professionalism and produce quality, reliable results.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu. Please submit a professional application along with a cover letter, resume, and the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend