Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine, preventive and reactive maintenance and repair on buildings, equipment, structures, and other amenities.
2. Responsible for minor repairs which may include: changing defective receptacles, ballasts, switches, outlets, light fixtures and bulbs, repair of valves, replacement of washers and gaskets, replacement of plumbing fixtures, replacing hinges, door closures, service door closures, replace floor tiles, caulk windows, replace glass and reset doors.
3. Erect and work from ladders, scaffolds, and similar devices.
4. Determine type of materials and supplies to be used.
5. Adapt commercially available materials to fit needs.
6. Document job time and materials used.
7. Keep facilities in a clean and presentable condition.
8. Work hours as needed for special events.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 years related experience.
Valid driver's license.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Follows detailed instructions and procedures.
Able to read and write, plus 1-2 years related experience.
Requires basic physical and mental skills and abilities, including use of hand tools, power tools, or other equipment and use of basic math or reading skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Occasional routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor;
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, climbing, or balancing, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Job occasionally requires sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.