Senior Network Analyst
Job no: 496554
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 330100 - Information Tech Infrastructure
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, and monitor MSU Campus Network infrastructure components such as routers, switches, firewalls, wireless controllers, etc.
- Install, maintain, and administer Linux based servers.
- Configure, install, and maintain essential network services such as DNS and web servers.
- Develop and maintain custom applications, utilities, and scripts.
- Support a variety of Linux application software.
- Support a variety of hardware and Linux systems software.
- Evaluate, test, and recommend new network hardware and software.
- Manage and coordinate large-scale projects.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the other divisions within Information Technology Services and to the MSU community at large.
- Meet regularly with other members of Information Technology Infrastructure staff to discuss current issues and future plans.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Candidates should have a minimum 5 years' experience in all of the following areas:
- Administration and installation of Unix/Linux servers
- Configuration and maintenance of enterprise class networking hardware including switches, routers, and wireless infrastructure
- Installation and maintenance of Internet services such as DHCP, DNS, web, and electronic mail services.
- Supervisory experience over a technical staff.
- Extensive experience with Cisco wired and wireless infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- Experience with SAN environments.
- Experience with Virtual Server configuration and management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in C or C++ programming in a UNIX environment.
- Proficiency with PHP and mySQL.
- Proficiency with one or more UNIX scripting or text processing languages such as PERL, Python, awk, or bourne shell.
- Familiarity with UNIX project management and revision control utilities such as make and cvs, rcs, or SCCS.
- Experience with network management tools and protocols such as SNMP.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Frequent externally imposed deadlines, set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; irregular hours may be anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position.
- Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Hearing requirements: ability to hear and respond to telephone conversations.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, resume, and the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend