Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
13/ Minimum 33,900
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish, manage, and oversee a robust young alumni program designed to engage alumni thirty five years old and younger in the Alumni Association and Mississippi State University.
2. Coordinate with alumni chapters to implement and execute programs and opportunities for young alumni (ex. “Welcome to the City” socials, general meet-and-greets, networking socials, service events, etc.).
3. Assist in the planning and coordination of Chapter Programs and Alumni Association programs (ex. Awards Banquet, Leadership Conference, Tailgates, Road Dawgs, and Send-Off Parties).
4. Communicate and collaborate effectively with chapter volunteers regarding alumni chapter events, young alumni activities, recruitment activities, talking points, information and trends.
5. Assist the Coordinator of Alumni Chapter and Volunteer programs with the coordination of electronic and print communication to support alumni chapter programs, young alumni programs, student recruitment programs, and additional Alumni Association events.
6. Collect information, design layout, edit content, select recipients and prepare mail/email. Use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and iModules Content Management System.
7. Travel as needed to support and speak on behalf of Alumni Association programs, chapter programs, young alumni programs, and student recruitment programs. Week night and weekend travel may be necessary.
8. Assist as needed in the planning and coordination of other Alumni Association activities.
9. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 1 - 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Experience in alumni relations or student affairs programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
•No or very limited physical effort required.
•No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
•Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
•Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
•Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.