Job no: 496667
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 470400 - Travel
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Audits travel expense documents.
* Checks the correctness and completeness of identifying information and supporting documents.
* Assists university travelers in areas related to travel, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations, cost efficiency and acceptable travel accommodations.
* Prepares documents summarizing the justification for travel requests and vouchers.
* Coordinates and processes, within stated guidelines, travel reimbursement checks.
* Posts via keyboard, debits and credits to individual account records and to ledger records of accounts.
* Prepares travel advance direct deposits for settlement of travel A/R accounts, as applicable.
* Maintains general and subsidiary records according to established account classifications.
* Posts vouchers and credits and debits accounts according to double entry bookkeeping methods.
* Performs a variety of clerical tasks, including sorting records alphabetically and numerically.
* Proofreads documents.
* Composes and writes routine requests for additional information or to provide formal notification of actions taken, answers inquiries as to the status of budgetary allotments and invoices and payments.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two to four years experience in bookkeeping or related field.
Focus of Education Focus of Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent Accounting, bookkeeping or related field.
* Business training or college level courses in accounting.
* Two years in maintenance and processing of fiscal records.
* Banner experience
* Concur experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Organizing and coordinating skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information. Ability to perform simple accounting procedures. Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures. Customer service skills. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment. Records maintenance skills. Word processing and/or data entry skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend