Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Rank and salary are commensurate with education and/or experience.
The Southern Rural Development Center seeks to strengthen the capacity of the region's 30 land-grant institutions to address critical contemporary rural development issues impacting the well-being of people and communities in the rural South. More information is available at : http://srdc.msstate.edu
Area of Specialization:
Workforce Development, Education, Program & Staff Development or related fields
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides professional expertise in the support of development, implementation, and marketing of program/project function.
2. Serves as a principal liaison between students, faculty, staff, other departments, and/or external constituencies on day-to-day programmatic, operational, and administrative issues; facilitates seminars, meetings, special projects, and problem resolution.
3. Coordinates activities of support staff, consultants, faculty, and/or volunteers engaged in implementation and administration of program objectives.
4. May monitor and administer program/project revenues and expenses; may develop or participate in the development of funding proposals for the program.
5. Writes, edits, and coordinates development of course catalogs, promotional materials, educational materials, training manuals, newsletters, and/or brochures, as appropriate to the program.
6. Collects and analyzes data; prepares scheduled and special reports; maintains program/project records and statistical information.
7. Assists with grant and/or proposal writing as appropriate to the objectives and funding nature of the program; may participate in other fundraising activities.
8. May perform specialized activities of a programmatic nature in direct support of the accomplishment of program objectives and protocol.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in sociology, economics, community development, political science, human sciences, or related fields
Master's degree in sociology, economics, community development, political science, human sciences, or related fields
Salary and rank will be commensurate with education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual should be self motivated, reliable, fit well in a team environment, and exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong organizational skills Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
•No or very limited physical effort required.
•No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
•Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Instructions for Applying:
Please attach a cover letter, resume, three (3) references, and a current unofficial transcript. An official transcript will be required if selected for an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.