Job no: 496692
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 038800 - College of Arts & Sciences
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
The College of Arts & Sciences at Mississippi State University is the largest college at MSU with more than 5,000 students and 300 full-time faculty members. As a result of its size, the College of Arts & Sciences would constitute the 5th largest university in the state. As such, it touches the lives of every student that attends MSU, making it the heart and soul of the university. The College offers 25 degree programs in 14 different departments, and is the home to several institutes and centers. For more information about the College of Arts & Sciences, please visit www.cas.msstate.edu.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides information to undergraduate students regarding degree requirements.
- Confers with faculty advisors and department heads relative to academic records, credits, policy and program requirements.
- Evaluates transcripts from other educational institutions to determine which courses meet requirements for specific curricula.
- Meets with students for BSIS evaluations and/or advising appointments.
- Assists with 75 hour check sheets for the College of Arts & Sciences
- Answers email inquiries sent by prospective, new, and current students.
- Compiles statistical data for various reports as requested.
- Assist with course scheduling and enrollment management for the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Assists academic affairs staff in the College of Arts & Sciences as needed.
Bachelor's Degree and one year of experience in academic records or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and relate to students and university personnel.
- Knowledge of word processing and spread sheet programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
This position is contingent upon the availability of funding.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and include a cover letter, current resume, and information for three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend