Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate special projects under the direction of the Business Manager and Director that focus on enhancing center visibility and performance. Produce summary reports and overviews for center management in order to promote increased center performance.
2. Assist in increasing the visibility of the center’s capabilities and offerings to key constituencies (e.g., engineers, managers, human resource professionals, economic developers …). This involves both written and graphical communications via printed and electronic material. The will include increasing the Center’s recruiting presence on the internet (website and search engine) and social media (e.g., Linked-In, Facebook, Twitter)
3. Interface with external entities (e.g., state agencies, private companies) in the submission of technical reports, financial reports, and contractual requests. This includes gathering, communicating, and directing others so that objectives are satisfied.
4. Coordinate center efforts by collecting, compiling, analyzing, and editing information needed for internal and external reporting requirements. This involves finding and using the appropriate software to illustrate activity and results.
5. Serve as a back-up in the coordination of fund management. This includes payroll document processing, being aware of university purchasing policies, and producing other documentation/ reports as required.
6. Provide monthly ledger printout to assigned PIs with the current month, cumulative, balance, encumbrances, and balance with encumbrances.
7. Support other administrative processes within the center in order to obtain proper checks and balances.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in Business, Management or related field; One year of experience or Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong attention to detail.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
* No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
* Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
* Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.