Campus Transit Bus Operator
Job no: 496768
Position type: Full-Time 9-Month
Department: 730100 - Transit Services
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operate campus transit bus on a designated route to transport passengers around campus.
2. Provide assistance to passengers in loading and unloading as necessary.
3. Maintain vehicle interior keeping it free of debris and trash.
4. Ensure that all safety precautions are adhered to at all times; provide verbal instructions to passengers as necessary to ensure compliance.
5. Must exhibit a courteous demeanor with passengers.
6. Maintain accurate handwritten departmental records and logs in accordance with established guidelines and requirements.
7. Assist with training newly hired drivers as requested.
8. Report all accidents immediately and in accordance with established guidelines.
9. Operate radio communication equipment to coordinate and communicate shuttle intervals, coordinate breaks, and appraise base of pertinent information.
10. Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of equipment and vehicle in accordance with established guidelines for reporting any extraordinary situation or discovery.
11. May require occasional shift work and occasional overtime in the absence of sufficient bus operator pool.
12. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read and write.
2. Three years experience operating motor vehicle with at least one year involving commercial operation.
3. Valid Driver’s license, personal and commercial; Class B License with airbrake and passenger endorsement.
4. Clear driving record.
5. Completion of drug tests which indicate an absence of illegal controlled substance use.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., with one often to the point of being objectionable. Injuries may require professional treatment.
Work schedules, volume of work, or priorities seldom change; able to anticipate new work; minimum distractions or interruptions; seldom involves conflicting demands on time.
Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, climbing or balancing, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands,
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend