Please see our website at http://www.meridian.msstate.edu/academics/
Area of Specialization:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2018
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses in management (up to 3/2 teaching load); if the candidate has healthcare administration experience, the teaching load may include some instruction in healthcare administration.
- Teaching in a variety of formats (face-to-face; blended; online)
- Research productivity to remain academically qualified and to fulfill requirements for receiving promotion & tenure.
- Service productivity to fulfill requirement for receiving promotion and tenure.
A successful candidate for the Assistant/Associate of Management position must have:
- Ph.D. in management or a DBA with a management major from an AACSB accredited institution; or
- Ph.D. in Healthcare Administration, or closely related discipline.
- ABD candidates near completion in management or healthcare administration may be considered.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
- Experience in Management, Human Resources, and/or Healthcare Administration
- Experience working in business
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The applicant should have experience in management and possess the knowledge, skills and ability to perform teaching, research, and service for the MSU Division of Business; The applicant should also have the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and demonstrate collegiality as a faculty member.
Instructions for Applying:
To be considered for this position a candidate must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu. A cover letter and curriculum vitae which includes the names and contact information of three references must also be submitted. Official transcripts of degrees earned and three letters of recommendation should be sent by mail to:
Carlton C. Young, JD, Ph.D.
Mississippi State University, Riley Campus
2212 5th Street, #309, Robert B. Deen Jr. Building
Meridian, MS 39301
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.