Assistant Clinical Professor or Associate Clinical Professor
Job no: 496837
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 313200 - Meridian Campus
Location: Meridian Campus - Meridian, MS
Position Open Date:
Please see our website at http://www.meridian.msstate.edu/academics/
Area of Specialization:
Master of Physician Assistant Studies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the continuing development of the program, ARC-PA provisional and continuing accreditation processes.
- Instruct graduate level physician assistant courses during all phases of the program.
- Advise students and participate in school and university committees.
- Direct student research.
- Disseminate scholarly findings through academic publications and presentations at regional and national conferences.
- Maintain and analyze program data as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program director.
Education - Master's degree with focus in Physician Assistant studies from an Accredited PA Program.
Experience(yrs.) - 3 to 5 years' experience as a practicing physician assistant.
Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Physician Assistant in Mississippi. Current NCCPA certification.
Teaching experience in a Physician Assistant Program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discipline
- Strong verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to efficiently and effectively work in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize work load; meet deadlines and foster a willingness to continuously learn and grow professionally to excel at one's highest capacity
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, and vitae. In addition, official transcript and certification must me mailed to:
Dr. Debra Munsell
Associate Professor & PA Program Director
Mississippi State University-Meridian 1000 Hwy 19 North
Meridian, MS 39307
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend