Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Job no: 497001
Position type: Full-Time 9-Month
Department: 060300 - Chemical Engineering
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Area of Specialization:
The Dave C. Swalm School of Chemical Engineering is housed in a state-of-the art building dedicated to Chemical and Petroleum Engineering. The School currently enrolls over 500 undergraduate and graduate students with approximately 450 undergraduates in chemical engineering and 80 in petroleum engineering. Currently 14 members comprise the faculty with 3 dedicated to delivering petroleum engineering curriculum and 2 serving administratively in the Swalm School (as Director) and the Bagley College of Engineering (as Dean).
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are illustrations of the various types of duties assigned to this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those duties from the position if the work is a logical assignment of the position.
1. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Petroleum Engineering and within the School of Chemical Engineering.
2. Responsible for establishing an externally funded research program.
3. Serve as an academic advisor to graduate and undergraduate students.
4. Supervise research graduate students.
5. Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in archival journals refereed by his/her peers.
6. Provide leadership and service for school, college, and university.
7. Provide services to other state agencies and citizens of the State of Mississippi.
8. Pursue scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge in their field.
B.S. in Petroleum Engineering and Ph.D. degree in Petroleum Engineering or related areas. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Instructions for Applying:
Interested parties must apply via the MSU web-based employment system at http://www.msujobs.msstate.edu. The application must include a cover letter, complete curriculum vitae that includes a list of references, and a research and teaching statement. Letters of recommendation (minimum 2) may be emailed directly from the writer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend