Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides customer assistance daily to Bulldog Club members, ticket holders, and donor prospects.
2. Provides assistance to the Associate Athletic Director for Development to plan city, county, and area meetings with Bulldog Club members to solicit new members.
3. Coordinates department sponsored booster outings (i.e. golf, tennis, Super Bulldog Weekend, and other related Bulldog Club events).
4. Assist Associate Athletic Director for Development in daily fundraising and Bulldog Club operations (i.e. proposal preparation, gift processing, and gift acknowledgement). Stewardship activities, and other related activities assigned by the Associate Athletic Director for Development and the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Development.
5. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Relations, or related field with two (2) years of experience in Marketing or Public Relations
Experience in planning and executing large scale events. Working knowledge of philanthropic activities including cultivation, solicitation, solicitation and stewardship.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with various constituents.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Project management and leadership skills.
• Ability to work long hours including nights and weekends.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
• Work hours are unpredictable and may require including nights and weekends; frequent interruptions based on changing priorities; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
• Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Attach Resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.