Job no: 497152
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 490101 - Facilities Management Admin
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in maintaining accounting system for department/unit. May participate in accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, travel, personnel, or related functions and maintenance of records.
2. May prepare entries and post financial transactions; may reconcile entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting system reports.
3. May process journal vouchers for procurement card purchases.
4. May assist in ordering, care, maintenance, and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
5. May sort documents; code, logs, review for accuracy; match supporting invoices to procurement documents; and verify invoices for payment.
6. May research processing problems, may contact departments and vendors to resolve problems and expedite payment, and respond to inquiries by telephone or in writing; refers complex problems for solution.
7. May handle cash and cash related transactions, issues receipts, records and types money lists, and balances cash fund; enters cash transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports; prepares bank deposits.
8. Assists in preparation of financial statements such as billings, budgets, and cost reports.
9. May distribute, review, calculate, and process payroll time sheets and employment documents; verifies account numbers; maintains leave and other payroll records.
10. May answer telephones, open and log mail, meet and greet visitors, and assist in other clerical functions; may arrange travel and meetings and coordinate office security and key control.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma
Experience (yrs.): Two to four years Directly related the duties and responsibilities specified.
Education may be substituted for experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
2. Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
3. Records maintenance skills.
4. Knowledge of payroll policies and procedures.
5. Knowledge of university accounting procedures involving procurement, travel, and/or employment.
6. Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
7. Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
8. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
9. Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
10. Account balancing skills.
11. Ability to use an automated accounting system.
12. Ability to prepare financial reports.
13. Knowledge of university invoicing procedures.
14. Knowledge of accounts payable procedures and practices.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
* No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend