Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
13 / $33,900
The Department of Housing and Residence Life strives to create a "home away from home" where students are individually and collectively challenged and supported in the journey to become mature, contributing citizens in a global community.
In support of the mission of Mississippi State University and the Division of Student Affairs, the Department of Housing and Residence Life cultivates an on-campus environment that promotes student success, engages students through intentional interactions, and challenges them to learn and grow beyond the classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned to this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Serve as department liaison to the MSU Office of Information Technology Services.
2. Provide leadership and direction in strategic and long-term planning with regard to the employment of information technology resources.
3. Serve as a support for the housing software that is used in the department.
4. Develop and maintain an information technology resource replacement plan for the department and work with department administration to develop a funding to ensure adequate plan fund reserves are established to fund future replacements.
5. Coordinate weekly maintenance evaluations/inspections of department computer labs and administrative use computers.
6. Coordinate department technology equipment and software purchases.
7. Coordinate all necessary repairs or maintenance of department technology equipment.
8. Maintain records of compliance of all software-licensing requirements within the department.
9. Provide support in the development and maintenance of department website.
10. Coordinate the development and maintenance of department intranet and housing student organization's websites.
11. In conjunction with Area Coordinators, design, develop, and maintain all department
database applications, as necessary.
12. Train department staff and students on the operation of computer hardware employed by the department, as necessary.
13. Manage and submit the residence hall card access door schedules.
14. Maintain accurate data on card access to the residence halls.
15. Train department staff and students on the operation of software applications employed by the department, as necessary.
16. Supervise operations of Housing Computer and Networks Office to provide technical assistance and diagnostic services to residents and staff of the department.
17. Serve on department, divisional, and /or university-wide committees as needed.
18. Active involvement with state, regional, and/or national professional associations.
19. Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related area
5 years' experience in information and technology systems
Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training equal to five years
approved by the department of Human Resources Management.
1. Master's degree or graduate level coursework in computer related discipline;
2. Experience with HTML and PHP programming;
3. Experience with SQL and relational databases and programming;
4. Previous work experience with technical support/help desk operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, Word and Power Point.
2. Valid Driver's license
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
1. No unusual physical requirements.
2. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
3. Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
4. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications must be submitted through the Human Resources Management Website at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu by completing the online application and attaching a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.