Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
14/ Minimum 40,400 (Full-Time Salary)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Designs and maintains NRTC online information delivery, for the primary purpose of technical assistance and research dissemination, through the World Wide Web including social media, interactive publications and other similar areas, in collaboration with team members.
2. Maintains existing websites and web applications including multimedia development and web editing.
3. Coordinates, integrates, and manages information contributed to the website; establishes template formats and logical structures for web pages; may guide and assist contributors with editorial and publishing-related issues.
4. Insures that designs of websites and other online information delivery are fully accessible and usable by mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets.
5. Develops digital strategies that integrate with other marketing and communications products to maximize the center's NIDILRR grant exposure and leverage opportunities and resources to build visibility and value in online environments.
6. Performs short- and long-term strategic planning of the integrated internet resources for the NRTC, with a focus on the goals of the NIDILRR grant.
7. Identifies opportunities to use digital-based communications to deliver brand messages in new or more effective ways.
8. Tracks, analyzes and reports on current web usage statistics.
9. Monitors digital presence and raises to management any issues involving content or technical aspects of NRTC sites or social media activity that pose opportunities or concerns.
10. Provides technical support and ongoing development for existing web and mobile applications.
11. Electronic imaging, editing and design of graphics, for online and print use.
12. Creates and edits video projects.
13. Serves as liaison to university ITS department.
14. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with area of focus in Communication, Marketing, Graphic Design, Informational Technology, Computer Science or related field
Experience (yrs.): 2 years plus the education listed above
• Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Informational Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
• Experience with Drupal
• Intermediate to advanced experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
• Experience with digital photography
• Design skills and experience with producing print materials
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Skills in the maintenance, installation, and upkeep of websites using a content management system.
• Knowledge and understanding of best practices related to web design and digital media.
• Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and standards of integrated website structuring and design.
• Knowledge and understanding of web usability and accessibility best practices, website navigation design and flow, content classification, and content management methods and systems.
• Knowledge about and ability to interpret web metrics provided by web analytic tools.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and show initiative.
• Ability to balance quality and productivity.
• Demonstrate a desire to be a team player and work to advance the mission of the NRTC.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
If you are interested in helping the NRTC accomplish its mission, please apply for the position at Mississippi State University’s website: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu, PARF Number 496471 (job title – Web Communications Designer), and submit a letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for at least three references. Additionally submit the materials to Michele McDonnall at email@example.com at the time of applying. View the NRTC website at http://blind.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.