Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
The National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center (NSPARC) at Mississippi State University invites applications for a Software Project Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for software project management activities for web and mobile applications in an agile, continuous integration environment.Department Profile:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitating an agile software development process by coordinating software developer activities to ensure that tasks are completed and the task backlog is emptied according to the project work plan and changing customer requirements.
2. Assisting I.T. Project Manager to develop documentation, software work plans, and keep documentation up to date.
3. Assisting with internal and external project communication.
4. Use email, web-based project management tools, real-time chat tools, and n-person meetings to support the self-organization of the software development team.
5. Coordinate deployment process for development, quality assurance testing, and user-acceptance testing environments.
6. Manage multiple projects simultaneously and assist I.T. Project manager in estimating completion dates and resource allocation.
7. Configure software build plans using products like Atlassian Bamboo; build Java applications to test functionality.
8. Proactively collaborate with all internal stakeholders to identify, define or solve project problems. Provide technical assistance and resolution for any project-specific problems.
9. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or Industrial Engineering; three years of experience. No substitution allowed for Education. No substitutions allowed for Experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to compile Java applications, configure Bamboo deployment plans, and troubleshoot integration between software and hardware.
Ability to use Atlassian products (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible) to manage a software development process.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Ability to motivate groups and resolve conflicts.
Ability to achieve Certified Scrum Master status within six months of hire date.
Ability to create wireframes using Lucid Chart or Balsamiq.
Understanding of database principles, basic SQL, and data architecture
Experience with software project management, understanding of Agile / Scrum development approach.
Ability to use GIT / SVN code repositories.
Ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants should complete online application at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and upload a cover letter and current resume. Applicants should also submit two letters of recommendation (mailed by writers under separate cover), an official transcript for terminal degree and terminal diploma (provide English translation if necessary).
Address all supporting materials and reference letters to:
Chair, Software Project Manager Selection Committee
National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center
P.O. Box 6027
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Please email all queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.