Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
11/Minimum Salary: 27,300
The Department of Wildlife, Fisheries & Aquaculture has ~30 faculty, ~60 graduate students, and 7 administrative support staff (excluding extension and research support personnel). The Department has extensive extension, research, education and service programs in wildlife, fisheries and aquaculture. The Center for Resolving Human-Wildlife Conflicts is housed within the Department and conducts research, extension, and education programs in invasive and exotic species, damage mitigation, and other aspects of human-wildlife conflict resolution. The National Training Academy is a part of the Center for Resolving Human- Wildlife Conflicts. For additional information see www.humanwildlifeconflicts.msstate.edu, www.msucares.com/wildfish/index.html and www.cfr.msstate.edu/wildlife/index.asp
Area of Specialization:
Professional development, human-wildlife conflicts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
1. Planning, organizing, promoting, facilitating, and coordinating a variety of professional development events.
2. Coordinating the preparation of training sessions, identifying and scheduling training facilities, and arrange for all necessary equipment, catering, A/V, and presenter requirements.
3. Scheduling events, meetings, appointments, and assisting with travel needs of presenters and staff.
4. The preparation of training documentation such as training manuals, classroom materials, and other training support instruments.
5. Administering marketing tools such as advertisement of courses and preparation of flyers or online information as well as sending notification to employees of USDA/APHIS/WS in need of specific training courses.
6. Monitoring and coordinating the timeline of an event including registration, communications, and promotion.
7. Assisting with record keeping including individual training records and documents or reports needed for project completion
8. Administering program evaluation measures.
9. Participation in training activities where necessary and oversee all administrative aspects of training courses offered.
10. Performing other duties as assigned.
Salary will be commensurate with the individual's qualifications, background and experience.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, communication, education, HR, or training-related field. Experience in event planning, administration, job training programs, or a related field. Ability to multi-task, coordinate project development, and organize multiple events. Highly organized, business and results-oriented person. Strong verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on e-mail correspondence. Proficiency in MS Office, and familiarity with web-based marketing tools. Ability to travel
occasionally. Valid state driver's license required.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or communication with an emphasis on professional development and training and 2 years related experience. Advanced knowledge of marketing tools, event coordination, training tools, and record keeping. Ability to successfully coordinate multiple training events in a professional environment. Abilities to independently research, plan, develop, and coordinate training activities. Demonstrated abilities to partner with internal and external stakeholders regarding employee training needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Skills in scheduling, planning, and conducting events. Ability to successfully facilitate administrative aspects of multiple activities, and keep records. Must be quick in problem solving and proficient at working in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on correspondence and marketing.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Ability to multi-task and perform routine office work as well as field work in a variety of landscapes and conditions. Up to 50% travel may be required.
Position contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Instructions for Applying:
Cover letter and resume must be uploaded and transcript uploaded or sent to department. For additional information please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.