Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage any number of risk-management and compliance functions necessary for international services.
2. Oversee and manage travel security for all MSU international travel by faculty, administrators, staff, and students.
3. Design and manage a robust data gathering and reporting system to evaluate Institute activities and the university’s international activities.
4. Manage and coordinate successful post-award management of grants and contracts.
5. Lead and collaborate with Institute staff, MSU faculty, external clients, and international collaborators to develop proposals for externally funded grants and contracts.
6. Assist the Executive Director in establishing and implementing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for all Institute activities.
7. Manage and oversee communications and promotion of Institute and other international activities.
8. Plan and lead meetings, workshops, and presentations as necessary.
9. Support the business and administrative operations of the Institute as requested.
10. Work independently to lead projects and accomplish responsibilities
11. Be highly customer focused and responsive to customer needs whether internal or external.
12. Prepare and present project status reports, including necessary reports and budgets.
13. Flexible and willing to change assignments and responsibilities regularly throughout the year.
14. Support all other activities as requested.
15. Performs related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Education Focus Areas: Business, Public Administration, Liberal Arts
Experience: Three Years Related Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Strong ability to work autonomously and independently to manage project. Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing tasks, priorities and deadlines. Experience with making presentations and leading meetings. Ability to develop and organize a written plan with objective, actions, milestones, budgets, timelines, success measurements, and evaluation methods. Ability to write grants and proposals for external funding. Ability to use technology to deliver products and services. Ability to anticipate barriers to project completion; plan and manage contingencies.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
1. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
2. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
3. No or very limited physical effort required.
4. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.