Medical Lab Technologist/Medical Technologist
Job no: 497341
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 183100 - CVM MVRDL
Location: Rankin County
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned to positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Perform diagnostic laboratory procedures on all animal species. Types of procedures and tests performed include hematology, chemistry, blood gas analysis, coagulation, urinalysis, fecal analysis, bacteriology, parasitology, cytology, and serology.
2. Perform other laboratory work involving a high degree of skill and training.
3. Prepare and test culture media, stains, and reagents for isolation and identification of various microorganisms.
4. Follow quality control procedures.
5. Maintain records of lab tests performed and prepare related reports.
6. Recommend equipment purchases.
7. Assist in trouble-shooting and maintaining equipment.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in medical technology (Medical Technologist I/II); Associate's Degree in accredited Medical Laboratory Technician program (Medical Laboratory Technician)
2. Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management
Work experience in the veterinary medical field
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend